Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thematic Photographic #101

It's odd that I had taken the photos contained herein with a particular theme in mind, and then Carmi, over at Written, Inc., chose that same theme a couple months later.

In Thematic Photographic #101, Carmi asks his contributors to pay particular attention to the artificially lit nightscape.

And here I go...

Click on a photo to enlarge. All photos ©2010 Tony Gasbarro.

Working the night shift gives me the opportunity to see things as
relatively few people see them, such as urban or semi-urban locales
as desolate, lonely landscapes. Not to mention the freedom to stand
in the middle of a four-lane highway to take a series of shots with-
out being mowed under by a speeding Cadillac!




Nocturnal Oasis. The night surrounds a little cocoon of light and
makes it appear a lonely outpost.




A mix of both artificial light and early morning twilight as the
distant, impending sunrise illuminates the high sky above.




°

4 comments:

kenju said...

A little slice of Chicago in the nighttime....I like the last one best.

Maggie said...

Glad there was no Caddy in sight...

and what a neat theme. I really love that last one!

M.T. Daffenberg said...

Hi Farrago! I know, a ghost from the past.

1st let me say I do dig the pics and I really like your written viewpoints, your perceptions of your situation that allowed you the ability to get these: "urban or semi-urban locales as desolate, lonely landscapes."

I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you I am attempting a novel. It's more character sketch, but I'm building the story. I've got a draft of the first chapter on a blog of mine called 'Stories of Modern Americana.'

www.modernamerican.blogspot.com

I don't mean to sound like a writing whore, but you always gave me intelligent, legitimate feedback, and would very much appreciate your opinion. Thanks much! And be warned, hehe, I'm on a writing streak again.

M.T. Daffenberg said...

I meant www.modernamericana.blogspot.com
hehe.