Saturday, July 22, 2006

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fungus

I have been remiss and lazy over the past few weeks. I returned from the Bahamas to a holiday week and a little extra time off for all the extra time I put in on the road. A couple of weeks, a couple of short trips, and then one week of vacation with Mrs. Farrago in San Francisco. In all that time Mrs. Farrago got me wrapped up in one of her new hobbies, a little web site called Flashback Alternatives. It's a free, all-request internet radio station. If you like '80s New Wave/Alternative music, you'll probably like this site. What's had me hooked is the tag-board, a chat-room of fellow listeners to the station. It's mostly all new music to me, as I never really cared for '80s music in the decade that spawned it. And it has fed my jones for writing, providing me the instant gratification of instant feedback.

What it doesn't provide, however, is the freedom or space to wax nostalgic or poetic, or to rant in the uncensored fashion that Blogger.com allows.

So, if I was ever gone, I am back.

And I have a few things to say.

(I tremble with fear at the monumental stack of blogs I have before me to catch up on....)

1 comment:

fakies said...

Welcome back. Here I was jealous, thinking you'd been in the Bahamas all this time...