Monday, October 01, 2007

And The Walls Come Tumbling Down

Post drought is nothing new to my blog, and there's usually nothing weighty to cause my scarcity. However, this time it's probably one of the weightiest matters to come down on me in my life.

Mrs. Farrago and I are splitting up. Divorcing. Kaput.

It's something that's been coming at us for a while, and there's plenty of blame to go around. Well, to the two of us, anyway. And Schprock. I don't know for what exactly, but I hold him partly responsible.* I never let on to our problems here in my blog for a couple of reasons. Number one, Mrs. Farrago reads it -- or at least she used to -- and I'm likely to highlight her flaws and accentuate my virtues (what, like I'm gonna tell you what a jackass I am?!); number two, DENIAL.

Needless to say, writing has not been in the forefront of my thoughts of late.

We're keeping it amicable. There are still a lot of tears every day, a lot of emotional pain for me over the reality that love faded and we drifted, but we're trying to be civil toward each other and make this split as painless as it can be.

I'm sure this will all be fodder for my blog in the future, after the papers have been signed and the judge has approved it and the lawyer's been paid and the ex-Mrs. Farrago can't kick me out of anywhere, but for now it's just the first public announcement that this union is dissolving.

I wish it wasn't so, but I spent all my best wishes to find her. I should have kept a few in reserve for this moment.



*Of course, I'm kidding. Schprock had nothing to do with the breakup...just the fathering of her child.... and the genital warts.**


**Again, I'm kidding. He gave the genital warts to ME.***

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. Not much to say here but I'm sorry for you and the Mrs. and I trust that you two arrived at this conclusion after much thought. That and damn, did you have to make me laugh so much at the end?

Seriously, good luck in the weeks, months, and whatever ahead.

Tony Gasbarro said...

wordnerd-- That said, I see no need to travel "alone" on the next European work trip (wink* wink* nudge, nudge, knowutimean).

kenju said...

Aw, I'm sorry, Farrago. You never let on - at least I had no idea - and the trip seemed to go well. Were you on good behavior since your nephew was along?

I wish you well. I know that divorce is never easy, even when it is what you want.

Anonymous said...

yes, i do still read your blog

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Oh dear.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things go as well as they can for you both.

fakies said...

Wow, that sucks. Just getting caught up here, but that was unexpected. Glad to hear you are both doing your best to keep it civil. I see too many of the other kind, and it just makes it worse for everyone. Hang in there!

Beth said...

If it is what you both want, it is a good thing. I think people spend so much time thinking of divorce as failure that they don't understand a life unlived is the true failure. I keep trying to explain this to my husband.

I wish you and Mrs. Farrago peace.

Poor Mr. Schprock. His genitals must have burned like hell as you wrote this.

If you need anything, give me a shout. Or an e-mail.

mr. schprock said...

Ah, yes, how is the little tyke doing? And, again, sorry for the warts.

tiff said...

So sorry to hear it. As one who is going through the same thing, I undersatnd a good deal of the emotions of these moments. If it's what you both wanted, and is the proper course of action, then take heart in that.

You have my best wishes for brighter days ahead.