Sunday, July 18, 2010

Random Successes

I can't seem to put two thoughts together lately for a meaningful post. The taxi driving still provides fodder I think would make for great stories, but I think I'm suffering from sensory overload; they all just dissolve to a blurry background beyond the field of focus.

Instead, I'll just post pretty pictures. All mine, of course.



I finally completed a successful flip! Not 100% successful, as you can see upon close scrutiny, but the breaks "healed" almost instantaneously on the heat, and I had two "dunky" eggs for breakfast. The above photo was taken on July 6, 2010. I haven't had a successful one again since.



Crepuscular Rays. I got the term "Jacob's Ladder" from a Rush song of that name, off their Permanent Waves album. Kind of a neat song if you can find it and give it a listen (hint: YouTube). Sitting at the Arlington Heights train station, I was treated to this sight one late afternoon after a day of rain. Carrying my camera in the taxi finally paid off somewhat.



Tonight's dinner. And tomorrow's lunch. And meals for a good chunk of the week! Rubbed with olive oil, sprinkled with "Italian Seasoning," and roasted over indirect, 350° heat on my Weber gas grill, alternately turned 180° and flipped over every 15 minutes for an hour and a half, and the meat practically fell off the bone at my mere suggestion! It's the one culinary thing I'm actually good at! Can you say "Mmmmmmmmmmmm?"



°

4 comments:

tiff said...

I totally commented. Where'd it go?

Tony Gasbarro said...

tiff-- I never saw a notification. I also had trouble with one of your comments over at P90Xperiment. I had received the e-mail, but it never did appear on the blog. Maybe Blogger.com doesn't like your browser/ISP/computer?

Please do repost!

kenju said...

Some of my comments are going awry too, and tonight I received some that had been left days ago. Weird.

That chicken looks great. We had grilled chicken breasts tonight and I basted them with a sauce made from orange marmelade and fresh rosemary, with some peach and mango salsa. It was great!!

Maggie said...

Feed me. Please feed me.