Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hurricane Katrina, another thought afterthought

Okay, some four days later, I FINALLY hear via MSNBC that some other countries have offered aid: Great Britain offered half a million aid packets. Afghanistan pledged 100-thousand dollars in assistance, though that seems to me like they're just giving some of OUR assistance money BACK. And would you believe it? Some of them are our "enemies:" Iran; Cuba; China. Hugo Chavez, dictator of Venezuela, offered aid.

So, I feel a lot better about the rest of the world than I did a few days ago. Now it's all about quelling the rising ache in my gut about our nation and what went wrong before Katrina ever spun up over Africa.

And another thought...I've watched CNN for the past six days and seen no mention of foreign aid, yet I happen to catch five minutes of MSNBC, and there's a story. What's up with that? What's CNN's agenda?


dassall

No comments: