Thursday, February 16, 2006

Follow-Through

As both of my readers may remember, one of my recent posts concerned my efforts to find an old Air Force buddy.

Well, I'm happy to report three weeks later that Pete K. has responded! It's the right guy, even! He very briefly filled me in on his life since 1987. He's married since 1999 to a beautiful woman who has two daughters from a previous marriage, and they're gorgeous, too. He finds himself in a job that he never could have imagined himself in 20 years ago. He attributes his current success to his wife, saying that after meeting her, things in his life seemed to really click: after two earlier failed attempts, he was able to complete his college degree, and he found the job of his dreams.

I wrote him a long e-mail detailing the few highlights of my life since we last met (marriage, that one evening of sex, my new shoes) and, if he recovers from that, he might even write back again!


dassall!

4 comments:

ProducerClaire said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Of course, if I had to listen to details about that one night of sex and your new shoes, I don't know if *I* would write back!

;)

mr. schprock said...

Isn't that a little too much information? No one needs to here about your new shoes.

mr. schprock said...

I meant "hear." Hear about your new shoes.

M.T. Daffenberg said...

You know what Mr. Farrago. You and I gots lots in common. I, too, served my country. But, honestly, I don't have hardly any old Navy buddies I would want to contact--maybe a couple.

Sorry I've been absent so long. I need to play a little catch up on reading and writing.