Thursday, September 06, 2007

Churning Onward

I finally finished posting the London blog. I never expected it to take me a full month to get it up there, but I hit the ground running pretty much as soon as I got home.

The very next day after returning home, I was off to Colorado Springs for two nights, and then our office was still in the midst of a move. The upside is that I got to spend about a week going in to the office wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The downside is that I did still sweat my balls off loading office furniture onto and off of a truck, and taking down a whole studio’s worth of drape and drape track.

And then it was back on a plane across the Atlantic, this time to Stockholm, Sweden, in preparation for a client’s 10-day Baltic Sea cruise. I was in Stockholm for two nights, and then aboard the Regent Cruise Lines “Seven Seas Voyager,” with ports of call in Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; Visby (Gotland), Sweden and Copenhagen, Denmark.

All ports were in countries I had never before visited, and every place was a wonder to behold. I must say, however, that Tallinn and Visby were the most picturesque and gorgeous towns I’ve ever visited, no disrespect to Prague, which comes in third…maybe tied for second…

And time churns onward… only four days home and I’m off again, this time in Washington, D.C., for a week. Nothing as glamorous or as interesting as a 10-day Baltic cruise, but then you can’t eat jelly donuts every day, can you?

Enjoy a few photos from the cruise…


Somewhere in this shot you can see our ship....
















Stockholm....































Helsinki....






























St. Petersburg (formerly Leningrad, formerly Petrograd, formerly St. Petersburg, all since 1917!), though 2 photos certainly can't do it justice....




























Tallinn....
































Visby, on the island of Gotland....

4 comments:

mr. schprock said...

Do you need an assistant? I'll be your assistant. I want to tavel all over the world and get paid to do it.

I couldn't find the ship in that shot, btw.

Tony Gasbarro said...

Mr. Schprock, I mean no disrespect, but, if and when I get to hire one, my assistant will be much younger and considerably more female than you.

Auditions... er, screening is in progress, however....

kenju said...

WOW! You have been almost as busy as I am. Incidentally, my next door neighbor (a Swede) was in Stockholm in preparation for cruising the Norwegian fjords (sp?) for 2 weeks at about the same time you were there.

Re your comment: Jim had the stroke on Friday the 17th and didn't go to the hosp. until Wed. the 22nd. He had not seen a doctor in 20 years - until he went to the ER. I think his medical visit schedule is about to change!! LOL

We both know he is a very lucky man. Thanks for the visit and the nice comment. Once all of this is over, I will get to catch up with all the posts.

Tony Gasbarro said...

Cruising the Norwegian fjords, I hear, is a lot nicer than cruising the Norwegian chjevys.

That's a joke...and a pretty bad one, at that.

I'm supposed to leave those at other people's blogs, not my own....