Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thematic Photographic #27: Shadow


Sun Tree Snow Shadow
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
27 January 2008

This one was taken while familiarizing myself with the new camera I had purchased for our office, a Canon EOS 5D, with a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens, at a focal length of 25mm, f/4.5, 1/6400 shutter speed. The ISO is unknown, but was probably 100.

If you want to participate in Thematic Photographic, Carmi sets a new theme at his blog every Wednesday. Head over there and see what he and some others have posted, and then read the rules about how you can participate also, too, as well. Even.

8 comments:

Greyhound Girl said...

This is simply a stunning photo. I love it.

NucMEd is Hot said...

That's a great picture!

MaR said...

I love the perspective, I am already thinking snow as I will be skiing in two weeks :)
Great shadow for the theme!
Mar

Karen said...

Very nice. I like the way my eye is attrached to the shadow first... then the tree.

Tony Gasbarro said...

Thanks, all. I noticed after posting it that the horizon is crooked. I shoulda touched it up a little.

kenju said...

No, don't touch it up - I love it the way it is.

carmilevy said...

I love how the shadowed branches are reaching out toward the viewer. This is fantastically composed - especially notable because shooting into the sun is always difficult. Wonderfully done!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Very beautiful! I just love this photo :)