Friday, December 30, 2005

Un Americain dans Paris


This is a shot of one of the many statues "carved" into Notre Dame, near the left-side door as you look at it from my earlier photo. I know it's supposed to be viewed somberly, but it just tickled me. Had to take the shot and share.




Georges Pompidou Center, home of the Musee National d'Art Moderne, and of the restaurant, Georges, where a smaller group of us had dinner Thursday evening. We had a great waiter, Julian, who spoke great English. I know, it sounds very arrogant of me, but the French I've studied to this point has not carried me very far. I had the veal chop. It was okay, but the soup and the chocolate "cake" I had, before and after, respectively, were quite, quite yummy!




A view of the city from the top floor of the Georges Pompidou Center, through a window. Here you can see the Eiffel Tower and, atop it, the huge searchlight the French army uses to find citizens trying to escape the city without their berets and cigarettes. Those who are caught are tied to a post in a public square where they are clubbed with a baguette, and taunted by an Englishman.




This photo, taken at the entrance to Le Chateau Versailles, marks the debut of my image on my blog. I know it looks like I've suffered muscle atrophy in my left hand, but I'm just waving to the camera (not the one in my other hand) while holding on to a handkerchief. As you can see by the photo, the sun was shining brightly and it was very warm outside


elsewhere.


dassall...more later!

1 comment:

ProducerClaire said...

Hapy New Year! Love the tales of the trip!