Sunday, May 25, 2008

Henry Jones and the Deckmen

I have a big deck!
Well, okay…it's not all that big, after all…does size really matter? And I guess it's technically called a balcony.

The apartment complex where I live decided to put new roofs, siding and balconies on all the buildings, as well as renovate the clubhouse where the pool, meeting room and gym are…apparently because I moved in, as it all started right after I got here.


This is what the old decks looked like. This apartment
complex was built in 1973, but I have to believe this
isn't the first balcony replacement!



The work in progress.


The exterior of my apartment after they cut off my deck.

The work finally arrived at my building, and the builders have made quick work of it so far. My new balcony is already finished, and they're about halfway finished with the rest of them, and the roofers have already started. There's a big piece of plywood nailed across my patio doorway, a barricade to keep me from using the balcony until the siding has been finished. It's all looking very nice.


The look of the future....


Jonesing for Indiana
I went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie today. The day's event marks the first time in more than a year (maybe?) that I've seen a movie in a movie theater. I tell ya, it was weird not getting it in the mail or pressing 'play' to get it started. With all the hype I had heard coming into this weekend, I was surprised at how few people there were in the theater. You'd think it was a holiday or something.

It was great fun, though, with some great throwback humor to the earlier films. At least I assume the humor referred to the second and third films because I only caught references to the first. And the 'quicksand' scene made me nearly pee myself I was laughing so hard.

Never expected him to die at the end, though….

8 comments:

kenju said...

HE DIES??????? How could you ruin it for me?????

Tony Gasbarro said...

WHAT? Who said he dies? Not me. I simply said that I never expected him to die.... [evil grin]

(Go see the movie!)

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Heh!

Excellent unanounced spoiler.

Of course he doesn't die! This is a Spielberg film!

Nice balcony!

fermicat said...

Well thanks for spoiling it!

I love that "Big Deck" skit from Jeff Foxworthy and friends.

Greyhound Girl said...

There's your new pick up line- "So, would you like to come up and see my big deck?"

And the unspoiler comment?- Oh funny....

mr. schprock said...

They never tell you where the "pause" button is at movie theaters. People get mad at me yelling at the projectionist when I have to go to the bathroom.

Tony Gasbarro said...

schprock-- So you yell, "I GOTTA GO TO THE BATHROOM!" at the projectionist?

I'd get mad at you, too...that's TMI, buddy!

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

I have the movie listed on my Netflix que----figure it should be out on disc in about 6-7 monthes----and with Hans Solo in the lead probabely worth the wait. Got your blog from a comment ya made on Lucyddf's blog, Nice Deck, needs a lounger, a small table and a pitcher of martini's