Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Not Yet, But Soon To Be, New and Improved Farrago

Well, I've gone and done it. Last Saturday I found a facility closer to home than the one I had been planning on using. I spoke with a man there and underwent a brief assessment, and then I paid the fee. Wednesday morning is my first session with George, the Personal Trainer.

ZOINKS!! What have I done?!

This guy is gonna kill me! He's tall, he's big, he's buff (not huge body-builder buff, but really really fit and muscular), and he lets out sort of an evil laugh every time I comment about how out of shape I am.

And, as a guy, I can't tell you how unnerving it is to be told to stand there, immobile, while a tall, big, buff dude is eyeing you up and down. He called it a general fitness assessment, but I felt like I was the poor farmer girl's pitiful cow before the judge at the state fair!

But, seriously, I'm finally putting my money where my mouth is, and I gotta tell you, it tastes like crap! Have you ever stuck money in your mouth? PHTHEEWWW! And then George wouldn't take it because it was all slobbery, so I had to pay with my debit card. Good thing he doesn't know where I've been sticking that!

Okay, but really seriously, I am finally doing what I've been saying since last summer that I was going to do, that I wanted to do. I know from some 35 years of experience being me in such a situation, that I won't do this on my own. I need someone standing over me or behind me telling me what to do and to keep doing it, at least to start. Hopefully I'll move into that zone where I feel I must work out in order to feel that my day is complete. Otherwise, Push Fitness is gonna make a lot of money off of me…or I'll wind up like this guy.



°

5 comments:

kenju said...

I'm proud of you for taking that first step! Like you, I need someone standing over me, pushing and gouging. I hope it works for you!

Karen said...

Good luck and congrats on the postive move!

NucMEd is Hot said...

I can't wait to see how this goes!

Rambling Owlers said...

LMAO. Good luck Farrago. Both of us trying to get fit now !

tiff said...

You HAD to put that picture in there.

Meanie.