Thursday, May 15, 2008

Read This Blog! (No, not MINE...)

Quite often I lament the fact that I have a very small readership, and I occasionally resort to cheap gimmicks to stoke the feeble flame of random surfer hits… which reminds me… excuse me for a moment… teens sex tits babes hot… okay, back to my post… but I guess that's what you get when you write a boring blog...

But this post… oh, wait… I forgot dripping wet …okay. That should do me good for a week or so. So. Where was I? Oh, yeah. But this post is about NOT reading my blog. As one may notice at the bottom of my list of Better Blogs Than Mine there's one called "Contains Mild Peril," written by a young man – Ultra Toast Mosha God – in Bristol, UK. The tracks left by visitors here rarely show any indication that people leave my blog for his, but I wish to point out here and now that such a neglect is a serious mistake. Not only is Toast a most excellent writer – often funny, usually deeply insightful, and with a very fertile imagination – but now, and for the remainder of the next four months, Toast is on our continent! He and a dear friend of his are on the adventure of a lifetime, as they have scrimped and saved for years, have quit their jobs, have sold all but the most useful – and portable – of their worldly possessions and are spending the warm northern hemisphere months trekking through northeastern Canada, down the US eastern seaboard, through the deep south and southwest, up through California and ending their sojourn in western Canada!

And the best of all? Ultra Toast Mosha God is blogging the whole thing! They've been in Canada for just shy of two weeks, now, so you're not so far behind that you can't catch up quickly. Start here to see and read about the Canadian-American-themed send-off party he threw with his friends the day or so before they took to the skies.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to read a truly gifted young writer's take on our cultures – the Canadian and the American – and the characters he encounters along the way. It has already proved colorful in the few days they've been ashore on our continent. They seem to have a gift for meeting people.

7 comments:

kenju said...

I'll go there now. What a trip that will be!

Unknown said...

This person is going to VOLUNTARILY enter the southern United States during the wretched summer months? I take it the weather channel wasn't real high on his list of resources.

Oh don't mind me, I'm just bitter. Living in a hot oven under a wet wool blanket for 4 months will do that to you.

Greyhound Girl said...

SOUNDS COOL! I'll be checking it out!

kenju said...

Thanks for the visit. As to the comment? I'd love to try that....if only I had a vibrating chair.

Bupkis....indeed!! LOL

David said...

>The tracks left by visitors here rarely show any indication that people leave my blog for his

I've just come in the other direction.

Beth said...

I'm going to check it out. I may have been there before ... or I could have just seem commenting on other blogs. Yeah, I think that's it.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Heh!

Thanks F!

If only every one of those labels applied to my trip. Most of them do. But not all.

I hope I can still organise a meet up with you.