Sunday, January 04, 2009

2009 - A Banner Year Already

I know… four days into the new year and I've not posted a thang. There hasn't been much to write about lately. Christmas was fine, fun, and spent with family. Lisa was with me, as she originally had to work Friday, the day after Christmas, and was unable to get home to her family in Michigan. She liked my family, and they her, so all was swell.

New Years Eve was spent at a Meetup event, a New Year's Eve dinner-dance with 350 of my closest friends. That was swell, too.

I've been dealing with my own fears regarding a serious relationship — my first since the breakup of my marriage — especially one that took off like a rocket bound for Neptune, and working at knocking down those barriers. But the fantasy is over. Reality stepped in.

I looked at another woman's ass.

Actually, I looked where another woman's ass would be were it not covered up by her heavy winter coat. I didn't even find her attractive. It's just that she has an ass, and I have eyes, and the two are inevitably going to meet. But that matters not, as we are early enough into a relationship that a woman admittedly prone to jealousy was willing to end.

Yes. We had a fight. And make-up sex.

And now I'm struggling with feelings about whether or not I'm willing to put up with that kind of roller-coaster experience every time I absently demonstrate that I am merely human.

And how has your year been?

9 comments:

kenju said...

Gawd, you men never learn, so you? You can look so long as you do it surreptitiously and we never see you do it. Otherwise, you will suffer. Get it?

In other news, come by and see the new Mr. and Mrs. Biff Spiffy at my place.

Tony Gasbarro said...

kenju — Yeah, you got me there. I never denied looking. But can you say "overreact?" Which she did.

And I did see the announcement of the Spiffy nuptials! It's great that you were bestowed with the honor (and bestowed upon them the honor) of being a witness to their grand day.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' that 2009 is looking very good indeed for you!

NucMEd is Hot said...

I guess I'm just not the norm. For one thing, I don't see a problem with looking as long as your not touching and frankly the larger concern in my relationships has always been that I like to look. I'm a window shopper.

You can hang around, but you might want to get some blinders.

Anonymous said...

Dude - you do not need that.

Of course, a little jealousy means she likes you,,,,and if the rolloer-coaster can be damped down to 'kiddie ride' levels, then that might be a good sign for y'all.

Otherwise, it's just a fling and you're moving on.

Anonymous said...

Relationships suck and flings are fun.

mr. schprock said...

Hey, so long as she doesn't boil your pet rabbit, right?

Unknown said...

Hmmm. Proceed with caution.

The only time R and I ever have a problem is when I point out the ass to him. That always kind of blows him back a little.

What?? Girls have nice butts!

fermicat said...

No guarantee she'll change her opinion about ogling, whether involuntary or not, so you will have to decide if you can put up with the her attitude (or the fights). As for me, I don't find my man checking out other women threatening at all. In fact, I will sometimes point out the good looking women to him so he doesn't miss an opportunity.