Monday, January 12, 2009

A Farm Owl, Darkly

While I was enjoying the peaks and valleys of my recent fling, I was quite aware of my absence from these here interwebz. During that time I discovered that a great friend of mine has started a blog. Upon this discovery I paid a visit to him, electronically (there had been plans to do so in person, but that fell through), and I promised him that I would shill… er… ahm… tell everyone what a great personality, sharp wit and wonderful writer that he is.

So may I introduce to you the one and only Dark Farm Owl! As of this writing he has only one post under his belt, but don't let that lead you into the false impression that he can't write. I've been corresponding with him for years, and he has been responsible for more than a few sprays of the beverage-of-choice-of-the-moment all over my computer screen, or my dear, departed dog, or my ex. He hails from the British Midlands of Great … ehrm… Britain, somewhere near Birmingham. As a matter of fact, just prior to the maiden post of this blog (Farrago if you had forgotten already), I did visit him in his homeland! He has a great love of his country, the countryside, his sweet, beautiful wife, and their recently adopted greyhounds, but especially of his daughters and one grandson. Did I mention that DFO is only 28? Been that way for about 20 years.

Please drop by over at his blog. He says it's his online journal to track his progress getting in shape for, and the execution of a big hike he's planning in the late summer, but if he gets enough people over to check him out and encourage him to write some more, I'm certain he'll find other stuff to talk about, like cigars and wine…or cigars with wine…or cigars in wine (depends on how much wine he's had…).

And be sure to give him a proper welcome to this electronic wasteland we've all come to call …um… this.

Oh, and be sure to tell him who sent you. (It's Farrago, by the way...)

5 comments:

Maggie said...

I'll pop over and toast him with a Cosmo, or two!

Rambling Owlers said...

Great personality, sharp wit, wonderful writer? Who is this person? Are you seeing another Dark Farm Owl behind my back Farrago? Seriously though, thanks for the posting - I'll do my best to Blog The Good Blog. Amen.

Karen said...

Yeah, you shoulda warned us about the blister pics. Then pee... standing in pee or something. Eww. Eww.

Tony Gasbarro said...

mags — You'd better bring some single malt scotch. He'll love you forever for that!

DFO — Hey, old chap! No problem for the kudos. Now the pressure is on!

karen — Be careful when you go to his site because of a few th...oh, crap! Sorry. But please don't let those examples (I warned him!) keep you away. He doesn't always include that kind of stuff in his communications.

(Ya hear that, DFO?! ;)

kenju said...

I went and I liked what I read. But his blog won't let me comment when I am using Firefox, so I had to go into IE. I hope he will change his settings to allow anyone to comment.