Sunday, January 20, 2008

Channeling ABBA

This is so weird I just have to post it, specifically since it involves my blog. The following all happened in the span of about ten minutes.

Say what you will, but I was listening to ABBA on iTunes while writing an e-mail. (If you must know, I never had any ABBA until ts2bx Mrs. Farrago got some while we were still together, and before I moved out she graciously put a whole bunch of music on my iTunes for me. So it was a nostalgia moment as well as a listen to some songs I had never heard before. So there.)

While writing the e-mail the song Money, Money, Money was playing. As I was writing, I really wasn’t paying attention to the music, but I suppose it could have been somewhat subliminal; I made a comment in the message I was writing where I stated, “if I could figure out the human psyche, I’d be a rich man.” And as I wrote the words “rich man,” the song reached the line “It’s a rich man’s world.”

Okay, merely coincidence? Sure, and possibly even subliminally contrived.

Then, a few songs down the list, the song Fernando was playing. I had never really listened to this song closely before, and I heard a line something to the effect of “Do you remember the night when we crossed the Rio Grande,” and other references to a fight, which made me realize for the first time that the song has something to do with Mexico or the Mexican Revolution. I had checked other e-mail, and then I went on to the now-ritual perusal of my SiteMeter hit list for my blog yesterday. I had quite a few hits and, while Fernando was still playing I clicked on one of the hits and discovered my first-ever “reader” from Mexico, in the state of Chihuahua!

This second strange occurrence involving me and ABBA caused me to pause and write down the circumstances, because now it was blog fodder! While scribbling these notes the next ABBA song in the list started, a song I had never heard before. I returned to the SiteMeter list and clicked on the next visitor, after the one from Mexico, and was surprised to see that someone had visited me from Paris, France! I was tickled… until I heard the repeated phrase in the song that was still playing: “Voulez-Vous, Voulez-Vous!”

Quickly I switched over to the iTunes list and saw that, indeed, the song playing was titled, Voulez-Vous, listed immediately behind Fernando!

Talk about a string of FREAKY COINCIDENCES! I’m almost ready to get back in bed, that was so strange!

•••---•••---•••---•••---•••---•••

And to drive home the point of my prior post, one of the hits yesterday, from Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts; and one this morning, from Athens, Greece, were people seeking the instruction manual for the MALM bed from IKEA!

5 comments:

kenju said...

See? The more stuff you post about - the more hits you'll have!

What you experienced is called synchronicity. If you study and think about all of it, you might be able to come to a conclusion about what it means. Maybe you are going to travel to all of those places in the future....LOL

Tony Gasbarro said...

kenju-- Or maybe places I've already been? Paris a couple of times, Mexico (Cancun) once, though when I was a kid we had a Chihuahua-Toy Collie mutt as a pet. Man, that dog HATED me!

Anonymous said...

Originally I was going to just say that Abba rocks. But then I read the word synchronicity, and it reminded me of a song by King Sunny Ade - Synchro System. http://www.amazon.com/Synchro-System/dp/B000V6RA06

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Don't start listening to 'The Wall'

Greyhound Girl said...

The Gospel according to ABBA