Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Did That Monkey Just Fly Out of My Butt?

NEWS FLASH!! HOLD EVERYTHING!! NEWS FLASH!! STOP THE MUSIC!!

Jews and Arabs will find peace together. The pope will allow females into the priesthood – on birth control. The Republicans will see the Democrats as pretty swell folks, and vice-versa. Oil will mix with water. And, most unbelievable of all, the Cubs will win the World Series.

“Why?” you ask? “How does he know this?” you ponder?

Because hell has frozen over, my friends.

A woman has asked me out on a date…sorta.

It happened Friday. The client representative with whom I worked most closely on the project I produced in May, and which has been editing in July and this month, asked me out for coffee “sometime,” on a weekend when she is free.

Coffee. That’s a date, right?

It’s odd in that I was planning on asking her out, if I ever got the balls together, only I was going to wait until the video was finished and approved, just in case my gesture was unwelcome, and we would each have a year to forget about it before we had to work together again.

She’s tall, slim, around 36, gorgeous – no one will believe me when I say that she is a former model – but she apparently needs glasses because … well, have you seen me lately?

So one might surmise that I am quite fairly floored by this.

One would be quite fairly correct.

10 comments:

NucMEd is Hot said...

Yes coffee is a date. Good for you and good luck!

Greyhound Girl said...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Enjoy the coffee- it's a nice safe date. If it doesn't go well, you have coffee and leave and call it a day- no trap for small talk conversation through dinner if it sucks. If it goes well, then one of you says something like, "Do you have plans for the rest of the afternoon? if not, I know a great film over at the Center Theater....", or something to that affect. See with coffee there's room to make the date last longer.

kenju said...

I'm not surprised. You are not half so bad as you let on.....LOL Plus, your sense of humor is great! What's not to like?

(speaking of lines I never thought I'd read....the monkey butt thing)

Tony Gasbarro said...

nucmed-- WOO HOO! It's a date, then! Thanks!

professor-- I swear to cod I thought you were going to say, "Do you have plans for the rest of your life?" !! Talk about TACKY!

But you didn't. Thanks for the advice. :)

kenju-- Awww, shucks! Thanks.

John said...

Try to not underestimate yourself, it leads to dissapointment.

Congrats and try to pick a coffee shop that isn't too loud so that you don't run into that embarassing situation where you're trying to yell something because she can't hear you but then everyone stops so you seem to be just an ass yelling at someone. That's not cool.

Tony Gasbarro said...

legion-- HAH!

"chatter chatter, chatter blather...chatter ...AND NOW MY LEFT TESTICLE IS SLIGHTLY LARGER THAN THE OTH.... er... [gulp!]

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the date. Coffee is a good start. With you recently cut back on your coffee intake you can make last a little longer and strike up some good conversation.

As much as I hate to say it ....I don't see the Cubs winning a World Series in the near future.

tiff said...

I thought something weird was happening with the magnetic poles and whatnot, and now it turns out it's all your fault.

Thanks man.

Greyhound Girl said...

well you could ask her if she has plans for the rest of her life, which would most likely result in a restraining order for the rest of yours!

Tony Gasbarro said...

heavyjunk-- Yeah, I won't waste time with running back to the counter for refills or off to the bathroom to make room for refills...

tiff-- Heh. You wrote "poles." Heh.

professor-- LOL! (No, seriously. I did.)