Tuesday, August 26, 2008

5K Run

My blog is rapidly closing in on its 5,000th hit! I'll have to really come up with something special and thoughtful this time around, as the prize for my 3,000th hit -- an autographed photo of me in a pair of Speedos™ one size too small -- was for some reason sent back marked, "Addressee Does Not Live Here...or ANYWHERE."

So, maybe for visitor number 5,000, I'll take a trip and visit you where you live! That's it! "The 5,000th Farrago Visitor 'Win A Weekend With Farrago!' Weekend!" I'll come to your home-town, force you to take me around to all the sights, make you stand beside me in cheesy tourist photos, and sleep on your couch -- or with your over-the-legal-age-of-consent teenage daughter(s), whichever is most comfortable for me.

Or maybe your prize will be that I won't come visit you. I'll just drop in on the 299,999,998 other people in the country that weekend, and leave you be.

And rest easy. I offered awards for my 1,000th, 2,000th and my 3,000th visitors, but skipped to the 5000th as the next milestone. The next award will come to my 10,000th visitor...but I'll be elderly by then, if not dead already. That'd be a creepy visit!

7 comments:

kenju said...

You can have my guest room, Farrago, but my daughter is off limits!! It would be nice to see you again!

tiff said...

Am I it?

AM I??????

Anonymous said...

4,980 - damn I was so close!! :-)

Wave

Anonymous said...

Dude thats awesome. You can have the guest room where the dog sleeps...sorry, no kids, no daughter, just animals if you like...

Greyhound Girl said...

you already stayed in Kiddo's room and saw all the sights- if you want to call them that... guess I should share you with the others! :)

Anonymous said...

As I was checking in to see who the lucky sucker is...I see that I am 4,991 today...damn close again...ok only 9 more to go.

So who ever gets to entertain you, or should that be you entertain them with your funny charm is one lucky person.

I will check back...crossing fingers!!

Wave

Tony Gasbarro said...

Jeez, I hope it's not that guy who posts those pseudo-religious, racist novellas in my comments. And if it is, maybe I'll go to his house and beat him with a phone book.