Friday, August 29, 2008

Does My Blog Appear Upside-Down Down There?

Weeeeellllll! The 5,000th visitor has visited the ol' Farrago blog site web place page link, and it looks like I'll be paying a visit to…

Australia?

Put the shrimps on the Barbie, and the steaks on the Ken! I'm-a heading south!

W-A-A-A-A-A-Y Sou…. ah, the hell I am!

You know how long it would take me to get there? By the time I'd arrive it would be past time for me to leave again to get home before the weekend is over, even with the extra day!!

But it is strangely ironic – and sad – that the 5000th visitor is a one-time, flash-in-the-pan visitor who didn't even google "farting keyboard" to get here. An anomaly, I tell you! And then the bloke didn't even read while here! CRIKEY!


The SiteMeter page that bears the truth. The 5,000th
Visitor prize was snatched away by a gawker!
(Click to biggify.)


And it's almost cryptic, this visit. Check out the time stamp: 9:29:29 am on the 29th. If it was one year and one month later, it would be really creepy! Twenty-one years and one month later, and it would be AWESOMELY creepy, but then if it took me that long to get up to 5,000 visitors, that would be awesomely sad.

So Mr. or Ms. Downunderer there in Melbourne, Australia, I'll just owe you a visit for...oh...the rest of my life.

And for you disappointed to have missed the golden mark, be not sad. If you want me to come visit you, just say so. I'll be sure to bring my Speedos™ and my back comb.

2 comments:

John said...

Crikey? Crykee? Croi-ky!....crwoiky?

Ah, the heck with it...

tiff said...

Just because sitemeter says they spent zero seconds reading, don't believe it. It may simply mean that they didn't read more than one page or click any other link.

Congrats on 5000!