Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Brave New Face (and my 200th post!)

After nearly two years cultivating it, I decided Sunday to shave off the ol' fuzz. I had been growing it long, lately, and I just grew tired of it. I've long debated with myself whether the white hair on my chin made me look distinguished or just made me look much older than I am.

I have only one decent photo of me with the beard in its long phase…



…taken the night of my niece's (#9) 21st birthday, which explains the oblivious, vacant look in my eyes…the focus is not fuzzy, it's me. There was a full month's further growth to it when I hacked it off.

Below is a self-portrait made Monday evening. I think my head is too small, my eyes are too big, and I have no chin.



Also, I appear to be in the beginning stages of jowls. Or maybe that's the latest indication that I should start exercising.

When I arrived at work Monday morning, the receptionist practically shouted, "I'm so glad you finally shaved that stupid thing off!"

I think it was a compliment...?

Anyways, it's the only face I have, and the image of its new look will soon be up on the left as the beacon for this blog.

5 comments:

kenju said...

I APPROVE! and I do think you look younger without it!

Unknown said...

I can take or leave "the fuzz" but the 'stache was nice!

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I liked the fuzz. But I am a man and would suggest you heed the more refined judgement of a lady

Jenn said...

oooh nice.

Greyhound Girl said...

I like both but I'm a woman who adores a man with a goatee, but you look nice either way! :)

and happy 200!