Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bye-Bye To a Favorite Blogger

July 11, 2007, marked the last time Chloe posted at Moo the Third.

I really enjoyed Chloe's writing, as she shared a lot of what was on her heart, being the adult, troubled, conflicted result of a neglectful, abusive father, and an overbearing, demanding mother. It was sometimes an uncomfortable read as Chloe wove the pain of enduring her parents -- steeped in ethnic traditions and expectations -- into a fabric that also bore threads of the love she obviously still felt for them.

She shared a breakthrough with -- or, more precisely, a breakaway from -- her father, as she was finally able to stand up to him and express her pain at his neglectful and hurtful ways with her, and she told him, coldly, that he was no longer allowed to be a part of her life. That was one of her last posts at Moo the Third. She posted mentions of someone new in her life, which may or may not have been the cute little puppy she photographed with herself and posted as her last contribution there.

I don't know if she quit blogging, if she started anew with a new blog, or if something terrible happened to her. All I know is I waited patiently for a year for her to return, and she has not.

So, with some sadness, I have removed my link to her blog from my blog list. I don't have very many up there, and I think those few that are there are certainly deserving of my readers' attention, and those who choose to click through the links deserve to find fresh, relevant and up-to-date posts.

So, Chloe, if you still read here, I miss your posts. You're a great writer and you reached me repeatedly. But you stopped, and now I must bid you farewell.

1 comment:

kenju said...

I hope she sees your post, Farrago. Isn't it sad when someone we like decides to leave blogging?